Wheatgrass is a portion of food produced using the Triticum Aestivum plant. It’s viewed as an excessively healthy wellbeing food with astonishing advantages. It’s typically consumed as a juice; however, it comes in powdered structure too.
Table of Contents
Wheatgrass is a super-food, and the numerous health advantages it has are the main reason for its prominence among people. As mentioned in Super-food, it is any food item containing the composition of various essential vitamins and minerals. The vitamins and minerals present in wheatgrass include:
- Natural enzymes
- Different amino acids (17 types)
- Vitamins including (A, C, E, K, and B complex)
New wheatgrass juice is utterly healthy and is viewed as a portion of living food. The juice can be prepared from the plucked grass of the freshly grown wheatgrass plant. So to make juice of wheatgrass, it is advisable to plant a Wheatgrass plant. Here is a list of 4 primary and simple steps that will make one grow wheatgrass at home quickly. The mentioned four categories are further divided into various based on the requirement behind each one of them.
Growing Wheatgrass :
Soak and germinate Wheatgrass seeds: The first step involves soaking the seeds and the germination of seeds. The source of the seeds must be organic and toxin-free.
- Check the source of Wheatgrass seeds
- Prepare the wheatgrass seeds for soaking.
- Soak the wheatgrass seeds
Planting the Seeds: The second step involves the planting of seeds. The seeds must be planted appropriately to have proper growth and production.
- Prepare the seed tray and make it ready for planting
- The planting of seeds in the tray
- Maintain the moist conditions for the planted seeds
- Keep the germinated plant in partial sunlight
Harvesting the wheatgrass planted: The wheatgrass plants after growing must be harvested to make healthy juice out of it. The grasses can be harvested, and later they will grow of the same height again.
- Wait till the time the wheatgrass plant starts splitting
- The cutting of the wheatgrass should be done above the root.
- Start the same process again.
Juicing of the Wheatgrass: The healthy juice can be made from the chopped wheatgrass, which has plenty of health benefits and advantages.
- Rinse the wheatgrass thoroughly
- Place the chopped and cleaned wheatgrass in a juicer or a blender
- Enjoy the healthy green shot of wheatgrass
Benefits of wheat grass
There have been numerous benefits of wheatgrass experienced by the users as well as prescribed by health professionals or experts. Some of the essential advantages of using or consuming wheatgrass include:
- It’s a super-food.
- It can eliminate toxins
- It eases the process of digestion
- It boosts the metabolism of the body
- It helps in lowering levels of cholesterol
- It helps in strengthening the immunity of the body
- It also develops energy in the body
- It is useful in reducing levels of blood pressure
- It helps in improving the cognitive functions of the body
- It keeps diabetes level low and under control
- It helps in the treatment of Arthritis.